[ltt-dev] No trace data inside the trace folders

David Goulet david.goulet at polymtl.ca
Tue Feb 15 15:19:19 EST 2011

Hi Srivatsan,

If usttrace give you no trace directory it's because their was no data
recorded by the tracer. It's like tracing an application that does not
contain UST instrumentation. For example :

$ usttrace ls

will output only app.log and ust-consumerd.log and no data.

However, I saw that you are using a very simple test case :

#include <ust/marker.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
trace_mark(main,myevent,"%d", getpid());
}

This should actually work fine with the latest UST release (0.11).
However, using the channel "main" will not produce data for you. At this
point, only the channel "ust" is supported.

If you still don't get the directory containing data, maybe try the
latest git head of UST.

Thanks!
David