[ltt-dev] No trace data inside the trace folders

Srivatsan Vijayaraghavan srivatsanvijayaraghavan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 12:31:03 EST 2011

case 1 - usttrace ./testust
no -o option switch to specify trace directory and I get
/root/.usttracers/.../ust-consumerd.log - No such file or directory

case 2 - usttrace -o ./trace ./testust
I specified the output directory for the trace and the two files app.log, ust-consumerd.log are now created in ./tracedir, but when I tried to inspect the folder for the actual trace, there was no tracing done or the folder where the trace data is kept was not there inside ./tracedir

On the console-
       > Waiting for ust-consumerd to shutdown...
       > Trace was output in:  ./tracedir
     sh-2.05b# cd tracedir
    -sh-2.05b# ls
       > app.log            ust-consumerd.log