[ltt-dev] Select limited files from LTTng Trace folder

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Wed Feb 2 16:34:33 EST 2011

Hey Radhika,

I thinnk you are trying to select files instead of a folder. The folder
contains normally some files like "Metadata_0, Kernel_0, Net_0... "
Metadata constanis descriptions for each event and the other files are
basically trace files that will be used together to form the trace.

Philippe Proulx wrote a really great description here.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgit.dorsal.polymtl.ca%2F%3Fp%3Dlttng-dev-doc.git%3Ba%3Dblob_plain%3Bf%3Dtrace-format%2Fformat.pdf&ei=sc1JTZXGOYvegQeSwYAo&usg=AFQjCNF8hG5wNAaENxeHb6sg-RCyw1O5dw

It's a good read, even if it's a bit outdated, the principles are still
the same.