[lttng-dev] some troubles having lttgng-ust actually log something on a shared library

Sébastien Barthélémy barthelemy at crans.org
Tue Dec 20 06:45:29 EST 2011

011/12/19 Mathieu Desnoyers <compudj at krystal.dyndns.org>:

> Please try to reproduce this problem in a simple application that uses
> dlopen to load libs.

I omitted to mention it, but I tried that yesterday. Without success: tracing
worked. I'll keep trying.

2011/12/19 Mathieu Desnoyers <compudj at krystal.dyndns.org>:
> Sébastien Barthélémy (barthelemy at crans.org) wrote:
>> A better understanding of the way probes are enabled would probably
>> help me debug it.
>> Is it documented somewhere? Or could you point me to the right source file?
>
> liblttng-ust/tracepoint.c
> liblttng-ust/ltt-probe.c
> include/lttng/tracepoint.h include/lttng/ust-tracepoint-event.h
>
> would be a good start,

Thank you, I'm having a look.

I already have a question: what is the point of an union with a single member?

there is on in liblttng-ust/tracepoint.c:
struct tp_probes {
	union {
		struct cds_list_head list;
	} u;