[lttng-dev] ltt-dev changes to lttng-dev at lists.lttng.org

Gerlando Falauto gerlando.falauto at keymile.com
Thu Dec 1 01:30:11 EST 2011

On 11/30/2011 04:22 PM, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> That could work, although the scope of the lttng project is now more
> that just kernel tracing: it reaches across both kernel and userspace
> tracing. Moreover, we're currently working on a port of LTTng-UST (the
> userspace tracer) to FreeBSD 8.2, so the scope is even broader than
> Linux. Maybe gmane.os.tracing.lttng.devel might be better suited.

Sorry, the way I stated it was a little misleading.
My point was... ltt-dev at lists.casi.polymtl.ca used to (and actually
still does!) appear on gmane.linux.kernel.tracing.lttng.devel.
That doesn't apply to messages sent to the new list,
lttng-dev at lists.lttng.org.
Shouldn't the new list (which is actually a rename of the previous one,
from which it inherited the whole message history) also appear on gmane?
I mean, for consistency's sake... :-)
I am not questioning the naming... as long as it all appears in one
place (including history)!

Best,
Gerlando