[ltt-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng development snapshot 20110430 for kernel 22.214.171.124
mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sat Apr 30 13:12:35 EDT 2011
LTTng, the Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation, is a project that aims
at producing a highly efficient full system tracing solution. It is
composed of several components to allow tracing of the kernel, of
userspace, trace viewing and analysis and trace streaming. LTTng is
open source software. It is being actively developed with the community.
* LTTng development snapshot 20110430 for kernel 126.96.36.199
- This is an update the the development snapshot of the next LTTng
generation (that would probably make it LTTngng, LTTnng or LTT(ng)^2)
for kernel 188.8.131.52. The goals of this development phase are as
1) The size of the kernel patchset has been shrinked for Linux
distributions by removing all LTTng-specific instrumentation from the
2) The lttng-modules package now implements an ABI based on anonymous
file descriptors (inspired from perf) rather than the full-blown VFS tree
the previous LTTng versions were implementing.
3) lttng-modules now exports trace data and metadata in the CTF (Common
4) lttng-modules now uses the Generic Ring Buffer Library.
The kernel tree snapshot is available as a tarball at:
Please note that the patches within this patchset are elected as the
first items from the LTTng project to eventually get into the mainline
Linux kernel. This includes TRACE_EVENT() changes, the LTTng trace
clocks and the Generic Ring Buffer Library.
The LTTng kernel patchset is needed to build the current lttng-modules
git tree (a kernel module package). To fetch it:
git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttng-modules.git
Work is ongoing for the new unified LTTng/UST user interface. The
current development can be found at:
Operating System Efficiency R&D Consultant
More information about the lttng-dev