[ltt-dev] OMAP3/4 trace clock and lockdep tracing

Harald Gustafsson hgu1972 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 04:32:58 EDT 2011

2011/4/6 Mathieu Desnoyers <compudj at krystal.dyndns.org>:
> Hrm, I should probably do this, can you try this patch out ? Can you
> test it and report if it fixes your problem ?

Thanks it fixes the problem. I made the corresponding changes in my
architecture's trace-clock.h which is a copy & paste of the omap
version. So I assume this would also work for the OMAP.

Now I only have the clock mismatch between the cores to deal with,
lttv complains for threads that are inserted before they are forked
(range is 10 us - 10 ms mismatch depending on run). I think it is due
to that the cores enters/leaves WFI unsynced and hence runs on cycle
counter and 32kHz clock in a different pattern and I get some error
due to this.  So far I run cpufreq on performance to not introduce
even more uncertainty. Have you tried the code on a OMAP4?

Regards,
  Harald