[ltt-dev] LTTng Build issue

srimanta panda panda_srimanta at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 14 09:39:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am quite new to this LLTng.
I am trying to build the Kernel 2.6.34 with the ltt patch .221 for ARM platform. Its gives me link error related to the  trace-clock functionalities.
I tried to figured out and found that it is not able to compile the trace-clock.c because of some flag HAVE_TRACE_CLOCK_GENERIC, which is present in the KConfig of the init folder.

I tried to enable the flag in the "kernel.spec", but is not able to set it because it is inside of menuconfig for CGROUPS. If I enable CGROUPS, it tells me to disable some other flags which I have no idea it is correct to do so.

I saw the previous patches for the kernel 2.6.33 and found that the HAVE_TRACE_CLOCK and HAVE_TRACE_CLOCK_GENERIC is added in different locations. It was not inside CGROUP menuconfig.

I wondering if the two flags have been added in the wrong place in the new patch .221??

Can you please help me out if I am doing any thing wrong to set the trace-clock?

--
Cheers,
Srimanta