[ltt-dev] Packages in the Ubuntu LTTng PPA

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Fri Sep 10 16:09:50 EDT 2010

  I personally had problems with Eclipse running on OpenJDK, but as far
as jni.h goes, it seems to build just fine with it, or even with gcj-jdk.

More than that, while doing tests earlier this week I noticed
compilation warnings along the lines of "JDK rejected by preprocessor
but accepted by compiler, going with compiler's decision.", which I
don't remember having seen before. Not very reassuring.
However, those happened when linking against BOTH sun-java6 or openjdk-6
but NOT with gcj-jdk. So my guess is that I have been building the JNI
interface with gcj-jdk all along.

So the liblttvtraceread-jni package in the PPA right now builds with
gcj-jdk, and I haven't noticed any problems so far. Yes,
liblttvtraceread-jni, it's there, although I don't recommend using it
right now, it still has the marker_field bug in it. Wait for version
~lttng6 or for a new upstream version.

Cheers,
Alexandre