[ltt-dev] LTTV BUG: Recent upgrades broke the JNI interface

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 8 17:42:24 EDT 2010

>> You don't want a patch that makes the JNI functions access
>> "marker_field->_offset", do you? I can carry it out-of-tree to restore
>> the previous functionality (and compilability (is that a word?)) for
>> TMF, until they change their parser methods, since they'll probably get
>> hit by the same bug as LTTV.
> Please don't do buggy workarounds at the library level to leave TMF
> causy with its current bugs please. They must fix their app to upgrade
> to the newer library version, period. I'm afraid we cannot release the
> TMF package until they do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mathieu

"Your package is now uploading..."
Ctrl-C, Ctrl-C...

But still, don't you think a mostly working app with a "KNOWN BUGS:"
disclaimer is better than a completely non-working one? I guess they can
use an older version, which isn't much better.

Matthew: How long do you think it'd take to get fixed? It will require
adjustments both in the jni_interface.c and the JniParser.java code in
TMF, if I remember right.

Cheers,
Alexandre