[ltt-dev] Packages in the Ubuntu LTTng PPA

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Wed Sep 8 00:15:53 EDT 2010

> A note for TMF users:
> Those who wish to install the TMF Eclipse framework can now simply add
> the PPA and install the "liblttvtraceread" package. Since the
> libraries will be installed in /usr/lib, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH tango
> isn't needed anymore.

Yikes, I lied about that. TMF also requires the liblttvtraceread_loader
to provide the JNI interface, which requires building against
sun-java6-jdk. Afaik, it's impossible to link against Sun's Java in
Launchpad, only OpenJDK (or GCJ).

I'm afraid we can't provide the JNI loader in the PPA then, unless we
want to port/support the loader with OpenJDK.

Alexandre