[ltt-dev] LTTng-UST -> UST

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 1 11:39:19 EDT 2010

Agreed, different names would be good. Sticking with a "LTT" derivative
has hurt the LTTng project more than anything else in terms of
mainlining into the Linux kernel. Some kernel developers don't care if
it's a complete re-write, they remember old fights.

So I'm fine with "UST", as long as we specify somewhere in the project
page that it is a port of the kernel lttng to userspace.

I actually pointed that out a while ago when the TMF project were
starting to simply use "LTTng" to name their viewer module. It seems
like they still use that name alone sometimes, which can cause some
degree of confusion. "LTTng viewer plugin" seems to be too long to spell
out.