[ltt-dev] LTTng Mainlining Roadmap

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sat Oct 30 10:16:44 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Here is an updated roadmap for the LTTng mainlining. As you will notice, the
plan is not exactly to push the LTTng code into the Linux kernel as is, but
rather to extract LTTng pieces one by one (it's already modular, so it is quite
straightforward) and push them to mainline as individual pieces.

This is the approach I have taken for the Tracepoints, which led to very good
results. I plan to do the same for the Generic Ring Buffer Library, Trace
Clocks, kernel state dump... these can all be splitted into serparate mainlining
efforts.

The new official URL for the LTTng roadmap is:

http://lttng.org/roadmap

FYI, I fixed the ARM PMU reservation in LTTng yesterday afternoon and made a new
release. So it should now play along nicely with perf counters.

Feedback is welcome,

Thanks!