[ltt-dev] LTTng and multi-core

Klein, Russell russell_klein at mentor.com
Thu Oct 14 15:15:14 EDT 2010

Andre,

Thanks for the hint.  I'll try it.

-russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Montplaisir [mailto:alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:09 PM
To: Klein, Russell
Cc: Mathieu Desnoyers; ltt-dev at lists.casi.polymtl.ca
Subject: Re: [ltt-dev] LTTng and multi-core

 On 10-10-14 12:34 PM, Klein, Russell wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> Unfortunately, I think I'm stuck on this version.  I have linux
version
> 2.6.30 as a base, this is what Freescale ported to the platform I am
> using. My understanding is that 0.12.20 is the highest version which
> supports trace version 2.3.  I have version 0.159 of LTTng - I believe
> that this is the highest version supported by 2.6.30 (tho I can't
recall
> why I think that, as the compatibility matrix says I should be able to
> go up to 0.170)
>
> Given that I need to be on Linux 2.6.30 - what are my best versions to
> be using?
>
> Thanks, Russ Klein

Hi Russell,

It should be possible to use the latest LTTV with the trace reading
library v2.3. To do so, keep the one you already installed, then

- Compile and 'make install' 0.12.35 on top of it.
- Change the symlink in /usr/local/lib/liblttvtraceread.so to point to
_2.3 instead of _2.6

Granted, if the bug you're hitting is in the library itself this won't
help, but you might have more success if it's not.

Cheers,
Alexandre