[ltt-dev] UST use case: Tracing QEMU/KVM

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:22:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Pierre-Marc Fournier
<pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca> wrote:
Pierre-Marc,
Thanks for your responsiveness and willingness to engage.  This
addresses the technical questions I had about using UST in QEMU/KVM.

I am proposing tracing QEMU patches for merge, and hopefully the patch
that adds UST support will be accepted.

The non-technical issue that remains is the availability of UST
packages across Linux distributions.  The Debian packages are good
start, although there does not seem to be an lttv package.  Developers
wanting to add tracing to their programs may be put off by unpackaged
software.  Do you have any thoughts on growing the popularity of UST?

Stefan