[ltt-dev] Hi, everybody. i am a newbie here! who could tell me how can i use LTTng ( i just need an example without Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation Manual)

srikanth krishnakar skrishnakar at gmail.com
Mon May 24 09:39:31 EDT 2010

Gavin,

1. Make sure you are running the FC11 kernel 2.6.30 (any FC11 kernel) with
LTTng support. That is you need to patch the kernel of FC11 with LTTng
patches and should be loaded with all necessary LTTng kernel modules.

2. Once you make sure that CONFIG_LTT and other LTT options are enabled in
kernel, then you need to run "ltt-armall" for markers.

3. Now you should be ready to start the trace process with the command :

# lttctl -C -w /tmp/trace1 trace1

4. To stop tracing you run:

# lttctl -D trace1

5. Dump the output to a text file

# lttv -m textDump -t /tmp/trace1  > lttng-output.txt

For more information, you can follow the instructions  at :

http://lttng.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=lttv.git;a=blob_plain;f=LTTngManual.html

-Srikanth

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM, unbutun <unbutun at sohu.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> just as the title, i have install lttng on FC11. and don't know how to use
> it to trace the kernel,
>
> is there anyone who is very kind to tell me about that without care about
> my junior question ?
>

> Thanks Advance
>
> Regards,
>
> Gavin