[ltt-dev] UST: PowerPC 32 port of now in git

Nils Carlson nils.carlson at ludd.ltu.se
Sat May 22 03:19:25 EDT 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

> Finding someone to donate it might be easier. ;)
>
> Mathieu

Actually managed to find out how to buy stuff second-hand. We've bought
a dual-processor Powermac G4 1.25 Ghz.

Should be good for testing UST and LTTng performance as well, all these
years after 32-bit PowerPC was abandoned by Apple the embedded space
still has only about this performance.

Ericsson has started going multicore with PPC now so I think it's
relevant to
do some testing on it. Especially to check what performance impact UST
has
assuming that one core is doing realtime while being traced.

/Nils