[ltt-dev] LLTng probes

Jyotiswarup Raiturkar Jyotiswarup.Raiturkar at arm.com
Wed May 19 04:49:55 EDT 2010

Hello

I'm looking at LTTng working inside the kernel, and trying to understand
the instrumentation.

However, I am not able to see how the DEFINE_MARKER_TP() macros and
other probe_* functions in kernel-trace.c are actually used . As I
understand it, to make the actual trace, modules would have to call the
probe_* functions; yet I'm not able to locate these calls.

Thanks

Jyoti

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.