[ltt-dev] LTT on BeagleBoard

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue May 18 10:32:39 EDT 2010

* Gianluca Valentino (g_v_valentino at hotmail.com) wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have patched a BeagleBoard Ubuntu kernel with the ltt patch, and then installed ltt-control and lttv as explained in the manual.
>
> After doing ltt-armall and lttv-gui, I get the LTTV window, and I press on the traffic light icon as explained.
>
> I enter my root password, which I know is correct since after entering 'su' in a bash shell, I get the prompt for the password, and on entering it I enter the root shell.
>
> However when I press start, I get the error:
>
> "A problem occured when executing the su command: Unknown error 239".
>
> Could some one please help me out?

Ubuntu has "su" disabled by default. Please see Ubuntu-specific document
about how to enable "su", or use the alternate command line "lttctl" to
start/stop tracing.

Have a look at dmesg to try to solve your zero-sized trace files
problem. It looks like you are not stopping/destroying your trace
session appropriately.