[ltt-dev] lttctl locks up with RT Linux

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu May 13 14:23:40 EDT 2010

Please double-check that you applied the last patch correctly. I tried
building a lttng-enabled -rt tree here (x86 64 box), and it works (I can
start/stop tracing and see the trace in lttv).

Note that I simply discarded the conflicting instrumentation patches for
this quick test.

I'm pretty sure an error could have been inserted in async_wakeup()
within ltt-tracer.c. Can you paste the code you have ?

Unbalanced rcu read lock/unlock could be causing this.