[ltt-dev] Trace of the Module example with lttv gui on Beagle

fabien royer fabroy01 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:52:19 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have installed successfully the LTTng on the beagle board and compile the
sample kernel modules.

I would like to trace some part of the Linux kernel and I am starting with
the module examples. However I am not quite sure to understand. If  I am
using lttv-gui to trace the marker example, it makes no difference to me
than when I don’t run it ! I mean to say I don’t understand where the
important data is while looking at the lttv gui as it just look the same to
me when I run the example and when I don’t.

I am using Linux Trace Toolkit Visualizer 0.12.30-02102010 and Linux
beagleboard 2.6.33.1-ga0ff4c3

Can please someone tell know if I am doing it the right way first and then
let me know what is the critical information I should see with the marker
and traepoint example within the llt viewer.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Fabien

$ dmesg

…..

…..

LTT state dump begin

LTT state dump thread start

LTT state dump end

example init

Value 123, string example string

example exit

Number of event b : 10

LTT: 367 events written in channel syscall_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 32 events written in channel softirq_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 131 events written in channel task_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 359 events written in channel fd_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 3092 events written in channel vm_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 17 events written in channel irq_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 3 events written in channel netif_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 1 events written in channel global_state (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 34235 events written in channel kernel (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 1758 events written in channel mm (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 5992 events written in channel fs (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 1110 events written in channel rcu (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 4421 events written in channel net (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 352 events written in channel block (cpu 0, index 0)

LTT: 298 events written in channel metadata (cpu 0, index 0)