[ltt-dev] the problem of using LTTNG on ARM

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 10 15:30:30 EST 2010

* Fabien Royer (Fabien.Royer at arm.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am working on the linux trace toolkit as well.
>
> I have the same error that you describe while running it on the
> beagleboard OMAP3.
>
> I am using the latest stable version of the kernel with the proper ltt
> patches .
>

> lttctl -C -w /tmp/trace1 trace1
>
> Linux Trace Toolkit Trace Control 0.62-23122008
>

> Controlling trace : trace1
>

> lttctl: Creating trace
>
> lttctl: Forking lttd
>
> Error in executing the lttd daemon: No such file or directory

It looks like lttctl cannot find the lttd binary. Make sure it's
installed in the correct path, and see lttctl options to override the
default path in which lttctl should look for lttd.

Try:

export LTT_DAEMON=/path_to_lttd/lttd
lttctl ......

Actually, this environment variable should be discussed in the lttctl
--help output. I'll add this for the next release.