[ltt-dev] [RELEASE] Userspace RCU library 0.4.4

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 13 18:43:49 EDT 2010

* Jon Bernard (jbernard at debian.org) wrote:
> * Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Userspace RCU library 0.4.4 (available at http://lttng.org/urcu) includes an
> > atomic operations fix for the 32-bit (and 64-bit) powerpc architectures, where
> > the 4-byte cmpxchg was using a cmpd rather than the appropriate cmpw
> > instruction.
> >
> > It did cause illegal instruction faults on powerpc 32.
>
> I think it would be useful to have the test scripts included in future
> release tarballs so users can easily run the test suite via the check
> target. I believe including runall.sh, runtests.sh, and
> runtests-batch.sh from the tests subdirectory is all that would be
> necessary.

Actually, it's in version 0.4.4 already. Only runall.sh is executed,
since it executes that other tests. I'm adding test_uatomic too for the
next release. Note that this is a really braindead uatomic ops test, as
it only checks for single-thread consistency of the operations. We
should really extend this test to multithread someday.