[ltt-dev] 2.6.12-rc4-mm2-lttng-0.4.3 vs LTT in MVista 2.6.10

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:32:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

First post.  I'm trying to determine if the features in the LTTng
version 0.4.3 would be any better than the version of LTT that came
with our MVista 2.6.10 kernel.

Obviously, my time would be better spent trying to get a newer kernel
& LTTng going but we have an immediate need to debug a 2.6.10 based
app.

Does anyone have experience going back this far that can comment?

I used the older LTT around the time Karim came out with the 1st
version of his Embedded Linux book but I'm not familiar with what
LTTng brings to the table ... I know it is probably the tool of choice
in modern kernels but I'm wondering if we would see any benefit of
attempting to get it working with such an old kernel.

Regards,

Brian