[ltt-dev] OMAP3 /BeagleBoard LTTng configs for target install and viewing with VNC

don don at waldonetworks.com
Thu Jun 10 16:16:03 EDT 2010

[snip]

>> board and run TightVNC to view the tracing. First question, is that a
>> viable solution?
>
> You can, but don't need to. You can move the traces to another
> (different) host to view the traces with more CPU power and more memory.

That is certainly true. We are having loading problems with gstreamer and
I want to be able to make multiple runs with different start conditions to
try and track down why it happens.

>> Second question is about recipes for LTTng.
[snip]

>> My recipe for ltt-control, however, has an issue.
>>
>>  PROVIDES="ltt-control"
>>  DESCRIPTION = "LTT Control Package"
>>  LICENSE = "LGPLv2"
>>  HOMEPAGE = "http://lttng.org"
>>  PR="r3"
>>  PACKAGES = "${PN}-dbg ${PN} ${PN}-doc"
>>  FILES_${PN} += " \
>>  /usr/lib/liblttctl.so \
>>  /usr/lib/liblttd.so \
>>  "
>>  SRC_URI = "http://lttng.org/files/lttng/${P}.tar.gz"
>>  inherit autotools pkgconfig
>>
>> It's complaining (with numerous instances) that your source tarball
>> already has a .debug directory, like so:
>
> Hrm, a .debug directory ? Is it packaged in the tarball or generated at
> build time ? This should not be in the packaged tarballs, modulo
> mistakes.

You are correct, it's being generated and it appears to be in the plugins
makes. I'll go back and dig some more.

Thanks for the clarification. :D
[snip]