[ltt-dev] OMAP3 /BeagleBoard LTTng configs for target install and viewing with VNC

don don at waldonetworks.com
Thu Jun 10 15:53:00 EDT 2010

Bonjour, Mathieu et aussi -

I am importing LTTng into an OMAP3-based board which is a superset of a
BeagleBoard C4 design. We're using OE hosted on Ubuntu.

My kernel is happily spitting kernel event messages, and now I'm
installing LTTng on the board. My intent is to install everything on the
board and run TightVNC to view the tracing. First question, is that a
viable solution?

Second question is about recipes for LTTng.

My recipe for LTTv is as follows, and it works except for a warning about
the Debian naming:

 DESCRIPTION = "Linux Trace Toolkit Viewer"
 LICENSE = "GPLv2"
 HOMEPAGE = "http://lttng.org"
 PROVIDES = "lttv"
 DEPENDS = "gtk+ libc6 libpopt libpango"
 PR="r4"
 PACKAGES = "${PN}"
 SRC_URI = "http://lttng.org/files/packages/${P}.tar.gz"
 inherit autotools pkgconfig

My recipe for ltt-control, however, has an issue.

 PROVIDES="ltt-control"
 DESCRIPTION = "LTT Control Package"
 LICENSE = "LGPLv2"
 HOMEPAGE = "http://lttng.org"
 PR="r3"
 PACKAGES = "${PN}-dbg ${PN} ${PN}-doc"
 FILES_${PN} += " \
 /usr/lib/liblttctl.so \
 /usr/lib/liblttd.so \
 "
 SRC_URI = "http://lttng.org/files/lttng/${P}.tar.gz"
 inherit autotools pkgconfig

It's complaining (with numerous instances) that your source tarball
already has a .debug directory, like so:
 ERROR: QA Issue with lttv: non debug package contains .debug directory:
lttv path
/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lttv-0.12.32-05032010-r4/install/lttv/usr/lib/lttv/plugins/.debug/libguicontrolflow.so
... (repeated for 15 distinct files)
... and as follows:
 ERROR: Error in executing:
/home/donnie/Projects/Waldo/Angstrom_Mike/openembedded/recipes/ltt/lttv/lttv_0.12.32-05032010.bb
 ERROR: Exception:<type 'exceptions.SystemExit'> Message:1
 ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
... (repeated 4 times exactly)
I've examined the docs for OE and bitbake and LTT, and I haven't come up
with the solutions.

Thank you in advance!

-- Don Wilde
   Waldo Health