[ltt-dev] Running lttv on a different architecture than ltt

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 1 08:35:33 EDT 2010

* Magnus Ekhall (magnus.ekhall at gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm trying to run lttng on an embedded system (sh arch) and the
> tracing itself seems to work just fine.
>
> However, analyzing the trace using lttv is problematic. It typically
> fails on an assert:
>
> ERROR:tracefile.c:2118:ltt_update_event_size: assertion failed: (info != NULL)
>

> I'm running lttv on my x86-64 desktop.
> The versions I use are:
>
> Kernel: 2.6.23
> LTTng: 0.10-pre14
> lttctl: 0.45-11102007
> lttv: 0.10.0-pre1-15102007
>
> Are there any known issues when it comes to running lttv on a
> different architecture than the ltt itself?
> Could 64 vs 32 bits matter in this way?

Normally, everything should work just fine. However, I remember that I
one point one missing byte order conversion crept into libltttraceread.
So you might be hitting this, or some type handling bug that could imply
incorrect handling of 32/64-bit. However, this problem likely specific
to the old versions you are using. I would recommend to try newer
versions as a first step.