[ltt-dev] UST - Problems in recording trace on a current process

Naren tracemein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 04:10:20 EST 2010

Hi Pierre

>>No. Flight recorder is not yet supported. There is no way to activate it.
>>
>>Gimp is multi-process application, so you must use libinterfork.so. Did
you
>>LD_PRELOAD it?

Yes, I did LD_PRELOAD libust,libinterfork and libmallocwrap with Firefox not
with Gimp. I guess firefox,on startup, is not a multiprocess application in
the sense that it spawns only a single process. In contrasts, Gimp spawns
two processes.

Hence, LD_PRELOADing libust,libinterfork and libmallocwrap with Firefox
would not yield significant results. I will try the same with Gimp and get
back to you.

Regards
Naren