[ltt-dev] UST - Problems in recording trace on a current process

Naren tracemein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:08:21 EST 2010

Hi Pierre

>>I just commited a quick and dirty fix for this issue. A refactoring of the
ust
>>communication lib is in progress to address this more elegantly.

Everything is working fine.Finally. With the default markers,I am getting a
trace but in LTTV, i could only see the 6 events that was captured, hence
not getting anything in control flow viewer. I presume, lot many
instrumentations have to be added by me before i get to see any substantial
trace results.

Thanks a lot for you help.

However, i made few observations

1. In the terminal window, where i gave LD_PRELOAD, i am getting this error
after destroying the trace and closing the traced program

*root at naren-laptop:/usr/src# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libust.so.0.0.0
/usr/bin/gimp*
*libust[9868/9869]: Error: cannot find trace! (in do_cmd_put_subbuffer() at
tracectl.c:632)*
*libust[9868/9869]: Error: cannot find trace! (in do_cmd_put_subbuffer() at
tracectl.c:632)*
*
*
2. In the terminal window where ustd demon is running, i am getting the
following errors

*ustd[9447/9820]: Error: Buffer overflow (channel=metadata_0), reader
pushed. This channel will not be usable passed this point. (in
consumer_loop() at ustd.c:399)*
*ustd[9447/9881]: Error: unable to parse response to put_subbuffer (in
put_subbuffer() at ustd.c:141)*
*ustd[9447/9881]: Error: unknown error putting subbuffer (channel=ust_0) (in
consumer_loop() at ustd.c:395)*
*ustd[9447/9880]: Error: Buffer overflow (channel=metadata_0), reader
pushed. This channel will not be usable passed this point. (in
consumer_loop() at ustd.c:399)*
*
*
Buffer over error, is it due to the fact that trace is being recorded in
flight recorder mode?

Regards
Naren