[ltt-dev] kernel panic

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 9 13:11:37 EST 2010

* Benjamin Poirier (benjamin.poirier at polymtl.ca) wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > And which compiler version do you use to compile your kernel ? Did you
> > try doing a make clean, and then rebuild to see if the resulting kernel
> > (with immediate values activated) still cause this problem ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mathieu
> >

> gcc (Debian 4.3.4-6) 4.3.4
> make clean and using 2.6.32.4-lttng-0.189
>
> The problem remains. I can reproduce it on an AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+
> and on a kvm virtual machine (QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.1) I can give
> you access to the disk image for that machine if you'd like to.

Yes, that could be helpful.

I'd need the output of (with CONFIG_IMMEDIATE activated):

make clean
make V=1 > outputfile.txt 2>&1

(I'd need outputfile.txt)

Basically, I want to see if traps.c is build with -DUSE_IMMEDIATE or
not.

Trying to add some printks in arch/x86/kernel/immediate.c:
imv_notifier() to figure out whether or not it is being called would
also help.