[ltt-dev] UST - Problems in recording trace on a current process

Pierre-Marc Fournier pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca
Tue Feb 9 12:25:13 EST 2010

On February 9, 2010 12:11:33 Naren wrote:
> Hi Pierre
>
> I did a strace on ustctl as suggested by you. Found this problem with
> connect call in strace.
>
> *socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0)         = 3*
> *connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/tmp/ust-app-socks/11191"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)*
> *gettid()                                = 23476*
>
> I did a manual check on ust-app-socks, found only "ustd" running inside
> that.

Ok, good progress here.

Can you check that:
- the program you want to trace has been linked dynamically against libust.
You can do so with the ldd tool.
- you did a "make install" when you upgraded your ust. You would get this
error if ustctl and your traced program were linked against different
versions of libust.so.
- there are no error messages in the console where your traced program is
running.