[ltt-dev] Question about timestamp using textDump module

Ya-Yunn Su yysu at nec-labs.com
Tue Feb 9 12:04:45 EST 2010

Hi,
   I'm using lttng on a Xen environment.  I applied the lttng patch to
the driver domain kernel and instrumented the driver domain.  I have a
question about the timestamp in the textDump output.  From my
understanding, the timestamp is in sec.nanosec format, so the difference
between two entries is also in sec.nanosec format.  However, if I take
the earlies and latest timestamp within a trace as the duration
(hundreds of thousands second), it is much longer than the actual time I
enable the tracing on (at most a minute).   Am I interpreting the
timestamp wrong?  Any input is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Ya-Yunn