[ltt-dev] trace_clock_update() spinning

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:48:10 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 10:16:13AM -0500, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
>Hi Mike,
>- Would you agree for me to integrate it in the lttng project and transfer
>  non-exclusive relicensing rights to the LTTng maintainer ? Basically, the idea
>  is to release it under dual GPLv2/LGPLv2.1 licenses, but I start to think that
>  it might be just easier to use the gdb approach for LTTng contributions, where
>  the project maintainers have the freedom to decide license changes. This way
>  we would not have to ask permission from everyone if we need to do a license
>  change for the LTTng project overall.

That's called copyright assignment, and I think you might want to discuss what
is really needed from a legal perspective with someone if you wish to go that
route.  The FSF has paperwork you have to have on-file with them for contributions.
I would expect something similar is needed (though I am certainly not a lawyer
and this is not legal advice).

josh