[ltt-dev] Selection of trace file to read

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Thu Dec 23 08:35:08 EST 2010

On 10-12-22 04:10 PM, Francis Giraldeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested only to kernel.sched_schedule events in a trace
> generated with all trace events enabled. The trace read library
> doesn't seems to allow to read only some kind of events, and all
> events from all trace files must be read. Could it be a good feature
> to add to the library? If so, how would should it be done?
>
> Cheer,
>
> Francis

The way I understand it, you can't really filter at the library level :
you have to read an event to know what are its contents. You could skip
over an event, but then you wouldn't know what you missed.

It's still possible to filter at the viewer level (after the events have
been parsed), or at the instrumentation level (avoid writing certain
events to the trace).

Alexandre