[ltt-dev] configure error when checking GLIBC

loody miloody at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 23:30:40 EST 2010

Dear all:
I try to configure LTTV on my ubuntu system.
I got the error message as below:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: glib is required in order to compile
LinuxTraceToolkit - download it from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk

I have checked the version of my glibc and it seems 2.10.1.

$ apt-cache show libc6
Package: libc6
Architecture: i386
Source: eglibc
Version: 2.10.1-0ubuntu18
Replaces: belocs-locales-bin
Provides: glibc-2.10-1
Depends: libc-bin (= 2.10.1-0ubuntu18), libgcc1, tzdata, findutils (>=
4.4.0-2ubuntu2)
Recommends: libc6-i686
Suggests: glibc-doc, debconf | debconf-2.0, locales

Is there any setting I miss such that I got this error?
appreciate your help,
miloody