[ltt-dev] no channel available - IBM BlueGene cluster

Alessandro Morari amorari at us.ibm.com
Sat Dec 11 16:17:33 EST 2010

Yes I installed statically all the modules. Btw I have also applied
some patches relative to this specific architecture (Blue Gene), but there
are not conflicts with
the lttng patch. This is my .config for LTTng:

$grep LTT .config
CONFIG_LTT=y
CONFIG_LTT_FILTER=y
# CONFIG_HAVE_LTT_DUMP_TABLES is not set
CONFIG_LTT_RELAY_ALLOC=y
CONFIG_LTT_RELAY_LOCKLESS=y
# CONFIG_LTT_RELAY_IRQOFF is not set
# CONFIG_LTT_RELAY_LOCKED is not set
CONFIG_LTT_SERIALIZE=y
CONFIG_LTT_FAST_SERIALIZE=y
CONFIG_LTT_TRACEPROBES=y
CONFIG_LTT_TRACE_CONTROL=y
CONFIG_LTT_TRACER=y
 CONFIG_LTT_ALIGNMENT is not set
CONFIG_LTT_CHECK_ARCH_EFFICIENT_UNALIGNED_ACCESS=y
# CONFIG_LTT_DEBUG_EVENT_SIZE is not set
CONFIG_LTT_USERSPACE_EVENT=y
CONFIG_LTT_VMCORE=y
CONFIG_LTT_KPROBES=y
CONFIG_LTT_STATEDUMP=y
# CONFIG_LTT_ASCII is not set

Also grep LTT dmesg give this:
[   20.491154]:0 LTT : ltt-relay init
[   20.491161]:0 LTT : State dump init
[   20.493829]:0 LTT : ltt-kprobes init

This confirm that the modules are loaded I think.
Debugging the kernel a bit I realized that the function "int
ltt_channels_register(const char *name)"
is called only for the channel "metadata".
Do you think to any reason why other channels are not registered?

Thanks,

Alessandro