[ltt-dev] LTTV for mingw

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Thu Dec 2 10:50:13 EST 2010

Hi, a small update:
These are the steps I got so far to install lttv (liblttvtraceread) in
windows.
Note: I am working in windows 7 32 bit pro edition (I think, the one
that ships with lenovo t510s)

1- install mingw32 from mingw.org
2- download glib, glib-dev , gtk+, gtk+-dev from gtk.org (win32 flavor)
3- unzip all of the files you downloaded in 2 into your mingw directory
4- patch your ltt/tracefile.c to support mmap in win32.
5- ?????
6- profit!

Jokes asside, I passed the first hurdle, getting an environment to work
in windows, now it's just code, and I should have something interesting
soon enough.

Until then, how is using a vm with linux going?

Matthew