[ltt-dev] lttng-agent manual and release

Alexis Hallé alexis.halle at polymtl.ca
Fri Aug 20 11:53:18 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I just wrote a manual for lttng-agent, containing a short tutorial and
a complete reference of all supported commands. It has been sent to
Michael for inclusion in the git repo. If we are to attract attention
to this tool, may I suggest we put this manual online at lttng.org?
Maybe we could even start packaging releases. Now that it comes with
an autotools-based build system (also pending a push by Michael), it
should be fairly easy.

Of course it is still far from complete, but it's usable for basic
operations and (insecure) streaming of data. It might not be a bad
thing to have people start testing it.

I also have a list of known issues (particularly regarding ust
support) that I will post in a separate email.

Alexis