[ltt-dev] Stub for ltt trace file format

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 17 18:01:51 EDT 2010

* Matthew Khouzam (matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com) wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> I am working on a java implementation of the trace file format. This is
> a great chance to make documentation catch up a bit to the code. I
> started a wiki article here :
> http://lttng.org/tracingwiki/index.php/Tracing_file_format . Comments
> are more than welcome.
> If you see
> ??? it means I have no idea.
> ? means I think it should do something but I would appreciate confirmation.

Note that this header is repeated at each sub-buffer.

 Data Size? 	 4 	 ???

Data size is the size, in bytes, of data present in the sub-buffer.

Events Lost ? 	 4 	 Number of lost events

This is a free-running 32-bit counter. So you can know how many events
were lost between two sub-buffers headers.

Subbuffer Corrupt ? 	 4

Free running 32-bit counter. Keeps track of the number of sub-buffers
that were corrupted.

Mathieu