[ltt-dev] problems with ust

Sylvain Geneves sylvain.geneves at inrialpes.fr
Fri Apr 16 04:09:17 EDT 2010

>> the only error message i see now is the following :
>>
>> sh: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libustfork.so: undefined symbol:
>> ust_before_fork
>>
>> the simlink is valid and points to the librairy.
>>
>> $readelf -a /usr/local/lib/libustfork.so.0.0.0 | grep ust_before_fork
>> 00001ba4 00000607 R_386_JUMP_SLOT 00000000 ust_before_fork
>> 6: 00000000 0 NOTYPE GLOBAL DEFAULT UND ust_before_fork
>> 64: 00000000 0 NOTYPE GLOBAL DEFAULT UND ust_before_fork
>>

>> it seems that the function is declared somewhere, but not defined ?
>
> Since your program does not use fork(), don't use the -f option to
> usttrace, and it should fix this problem.

indeed it fixes the problem, sorry to have bothered you with these
usttrace flags problems...i should have read the manual more carefully.

but i still have problem with lttv-gui to open the trace directory
(which looks like this : ~/.usttraces/californium-20100416090024748555759)

"Cannot open trace : maybe you should enter in the trace directory to
select it ?"

however, there is no missing file, nor empty directory, but i can't see
the events i'm supposed to see in lttv-gui...

when ran with usttrace (with no additionnal option), a simple program
like this one produces empty ustd.log and app.log, and no subdir in the
trace directory.

#include <ust/marker.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   int v = 42;

   /* a marker: */
   trace_mark(main, myevent, "firstarg %d ", v);

   /* a marker without arguments: */
   trace_mark(main, myotherevent, MARK_NOARGS);

   return 0;
}

Thanks
Sylvain