[ltt-dev] Problems while running ustd (UST Daemon)

soumyakanti chakraborty soumyakanti.chakraborty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 21:46:03 EDT 2010

Hi All

I installed UST 0.4 on my Fedora 12 box. There was no problems faced during
installation, but during starting of the ustd manually its is throwing up
the error -

"ustd: error while loading shared libraries: liburcu-bp.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

Before that I installed Userspace RCU 0.4.3 successfully. I can see the the
above file "liburcu-bp.so.0" in /usr/local/lib/

I tried installing both the UserSpace RCU and UST from the git for the
latest snapshot, but still the same error. A strace on the ustd gives the
below results

http://pastebin.com/pWLpQr7V

The directories in which it tries to find the above shared object if exists
are empty like the /usr/lib/tls/.

Also just another query, is* libkcompat* now not required for the latest
version of ust 0.4 onwards ??

Thanks and Regards,

Soumya Kanti Chakraborty
Student - Magister Programme in Software Engineering
Mälardalens Högskola
Västerås