[ltt-dev] [RELEASE] Userspace RCU library (liburcu) 0.1

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at polymtl.ca
Tue Sep 29 17:09:51 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Due to the large interest generated by the userspace RCU library, I am
releasing a 0.1 version. It should work on x86 32/64 and PowerPC.

Website URL:
http://lttng.org/urcu

What is userspace RCU: liburcu is a LGPLv2.1 userspace RCU
(read-copy-update) library. This data synchronization library provides
read-side access which scales linearly with the number of cores. It does
so by allowing multiples copies of a given data structure to live at the
same time, and by monitoring the data structure accesses to detect grace
periods after which memory reclamation is possible.

Direct link to the package:
http://www.lttng.org/files/urcu/userspace-rcu-0.1.tar.gz

There is partial support for s390 at the moment, but some atomic
primitives are currently missing for this architecture, so don't expect
the s390 architecture to build in this version.

Please let me know if you face any problems using it. As always,
feedback and patches are very welcome. See the packaged README file for
details.