[ltt-dev] Trace "destroy" hangs, lttd keeps running

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at polymtl.ca
Fri Nov 20 09:37:12 EST 2009

* Ashwin Tanugula (ashwin.tanugula at broadcom.com) wrote:

> > > I continued my testing using "return 1;" to reproduce the errors with
> > > the viewer, so that I can send you my trace data.
> > >

> > OK. Then let's revert to the previous lttng assumption: synchronized TSCs across MIPS cores. Does that work for you ? (I see that you configured your kernel with support for 2 CPUs. Do you have an SMP board ?)
>
> Yes, I am running the kernel ins SMP mode.
>
> In UP mode I don't see the UNSYNCHRONIZED TSC problem (which I guess
> is obvious)

Hi Ashwin,

Then you'll have to try disabling everything that can try to scale the
CPU frequency when you boot your system, and see if it works better.

Support non-synchronized TSCs on MIPS will have to wait until

a) This feature gets requested as a contract.
b) I can get my hands on a SMP mips32 board with such frequency scaling.

So for now let's focus on just making sure LTTng works when all
frequency scaling features are disabled at boot time.