[ltt-dev] Kernel crashes when creating a trace

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at polymtl.ca
Thu Nov 12 17:28:41 EST 2009

* Ashwin Tanugula (ashwin.tanugula at broadcom.com) wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> SYSRQ-W does not work on my system after the hang (it's a hard hang)
>
> Is there anything else I could do to provide you with more information on this.

Yes, there is one thing: if you could put "return 1;" at the beginning
of the mips trace clock functions, and ensure that the get_ put_ trace
clock (and the same for kernel/trace/trace-clock-32-to-64.c) also return
without doing nothing, then we could see if it still hangs.

Clearly the trace generated won't have any timestamps, so won't be
useful, but at least it would allow us to pinpoint where the culprit is.