[ltt-dev] LTTng 0.165 for 22.214.171.124 : refactoring/cleanup
mathieu.desnoyers at polymtl.ca
Tue Nov 3 01:17:53 EST 2009
I just finished testing the LTTng refactoring. It consists of:
- Change design to inheritance for channels and buffers.
- Eliminate structure duplication for locking/allocation level of buffer and
- Remove now unnecessary krefs.
- Fix cpu hotplug for timers.
- Cleaner code.
- Simpler structures for channel/buffers.
- Smaller d-cache footprint.
It also permits to change the license of all LTTng modules needed both
for kernel and user-space tracing to dual LGPL/GPL license.
Due to the size of this change, review and testing would be very
welcome. I decided to do it in a separate patch on top of the tree
rather than rebasing. Considering the size of this modification, going
over the modified code on a file by file basis rather than looking at
the patch itself is probably easier.
I decided to mark the "locked" and "irqoff" locking schemes as "BROKEN"
for now and focus on the lockless scheme. We could re-create them if
needed by deriving from the lockless code-base.
OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68
More information about the lttng-dev