[ltt-dev] Userspace RCU library relicensed to LGPLv2.1

Paul E. McKenney paulmck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 14 10:37:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 03:47:41PM +0200, Jan Blunck wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:27:38AM +0200, Jan Blunck (jblunck at suse.de) wrote:
> > > Is there a specific reason why the atomic_ops implementation was used instead
> > > of the atomic builtins that come with GCC? IIRC, they are implemented on all
> > > architectures already.
> >
> > Only in 4.1+ versions.
> >

> We could add headers for the case that somebody really needs ancient compiler
> support.

We will likely need things for even more ancient compilers -- I have
tested on compilers that do not support __attribute__((constructor)),
for example.  ;-)

Easy fix, just invoke urcu_init() during initialization, but if someone
didn't know about it, they might be puzzled by the "signal 31" abort.  ;-)

							Thanx, Paul