[ltt-dev] to find all the tracepoints by the __start___tracepoints and __stop___tracepoints

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 11 14:15:07 EDT 2009

And given we don't rely on such automagic linker features for the
kernel, include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h specifies :

#define DATA_DATA
        VMLINUX_SYMBOL(__start___tracepoints) = .;                      \
        *(__tracepoints)                                                \
        VMLINUX_SYMBOL(__stop___tracepoints) = .;                       \

Therefore, as Pierre-Marc says, the linker is responsible for
initialising those symbols.

Mathieu