[ltt-dev] CONFIG_HAVE_TRACE_CLOCK_GENERIC timestamp problem on PXA255

Steve Langstaff steve.langstaff at pebblebay.com
Mon Jun 1 09:44:50 EDT 2009

> From: Steve Langstaff [mailto:steve.langstaff at pebblebay.com]

> > From: Mathieu Desnoyers [mailto:compudj at krystal.dyndns.org]

> > This kind of time-stamping issue is usually within the trace clock
> > infrastructure.
>
> I'm pretty sure that I am running the stock generic trace clock code
> but
> I'll keep looking.

Solved! My mistake.

I hadn't correctly applied the *whole* of
trace-clock-rename-generic-identifier.patch, so my implementation of:

static inline u32 trace_clock_read32(void)
{
	return (u32)atomic_long_add_return(1, &trace_clock_var);
}

Was still coded as:

static inline u32 trace_clock_read32(void)
{
	return (u32)atomic_long_add_return(1, &trace_clock);
}

No wonder the timestamps were hovering round a strange value.