[ltt-dev] Feedback on the lttng.org website

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 8 15:10:53 EDT 2009

* Gregory Haskins (gregory.haskins at gmail.com) wrote:
> Gregory Haskins wrote:
> > Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

> >> Great !
> >>
> >> As soon as you have this, we'll add a link on the lttng website and
> >> create a news entry.
> >>

> > Ok, I have it all running properly now.  Unfortunately there is an issue
> > with aufs+v2.6.30 such that I could not use a live-cd image, so I had to
> > use a vmware image for now.
>
> I just realized that I can also build a plain "disk-image" (in addition
> to vmware or live-cd types), and I have a sneaking suspicion that this
> image may be more directly KVM friendly.  Therefore, let me test out
> this option before we post the vmdk based link.

OK, I'll wait to hear from you. Indeed, the easier it get for people to
just run a single command to boot it, the most attractive it will
become.

We could even advertise more widely the fact that people can try to
reproduce their problem within this VM to allow them to use LTTng
without the trouble of recompiling their own kernel.

Kind of our own tracing-enhancing mini-distro. ;)

Mathieu