[ltt-dev] Feedback on the lttng.org website

Gregory Haskins gregory.haskins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:44:06 EDT 2009

Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> * Pierre-Marc Fournier (pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca) wrote:
>
>> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

>>> Yes, that would be great !
>>>
>>> In addition to documentation, a "qemu-lttng-install" script that
>>>
>>> wget the image
>>> checks if qemu is installed
>>> runs it with the proper parameters
>>>
>>> would probably make end user life easier.
>>>

>> Actually, wouldn't instructions/scripts for using the image with kvm be
>> more appropriate?
>>

> Or both.. aren't the images for qemu and kvm almost the same?

I am thinking this can all be done as a live-cd anyway, which would be
compatible with everything (qemu, kvm, bare-metal, whatever).  We can
include a .pdf (or something) that pops up when the system boots (I
already have it so it auto-logs into the "lttng-demo" account.

BTW: I've talked to the studio devs and I now know how to fix the kernel
issue.  So I am going to try to get a 2.6.30 based kernel (patched with
LTT, of course) installed into the image.

-Greg